- 2 pound(s) broccoli rabe, stem ends trimmed, chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 6 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper, (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Bring a large pot or Dutch oven of water to a boil. Add broccoli rabe and cook until tender when pierced with a fork, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain well. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, anchovies and crushed red pepper (if using); cook, stirring, until the garlic is very light brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the broccoli rabe, toss to coat, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.